Family Camping Weekend - Stories - Hosted by Building Strong Families
Dates & Times
27-29 Sep 20196:00pm - 11:00am
1 tent (1 family)$68
2 tents (1 family)$98
Grab, borrow, or steal some camping gear and join us at Alexander Springs Park for a weekend of family fun. Your Building Strong Families team will host meals, family activities, and stories. Your story, your families' story, and God's story.
- One Tent (1 family) = $68 ($30 non-refundable deposit due NOW)
- Two Tents (1 family) = $98 ($30 non-refundable deposit due NOW)
- Please note that only 2 vehicles are permitted at each site and must park on the paved area only. That means a one tent rental may only bring one vehicle. Two tent rentals may bring 2 vehicles.
- Helpful hint: When registering, only one adult needs to purchase the family ticket. There is no need to register the entire family.
- Campsite Rental (Friday 2pm - Sunday 1pm)
- Clean, indoor bathrooms, showers, and dish cleaning area.
- Access to Alexander Springs Park
- Access to Building Strong Families family-fun activities
- Some Meals: Friday Night = sweet snack | Saturday = breakfast, lunch, dinner, sweet snack | Sunday = continental breakfast
DATES & TIMES:
Friday, September 27
- Campers are permitted to arrive as early as 2pm. Set-up camp and enjoy some free-time at the spring.
- Dinner is on your own as a family.
- Building Strong Families activities begin at 7pm.
Saturday, September 28
- Building Strong Families will host breakfast, lunch, dinner, and evening snack.
- Building Strong Families will host family fun, games, & stories.
- Families will be given free-time to enjoy the springs and park.
Sunday, September 29
- Building Strong Families will host a continental breakfast.
- Building Strong Families will host a worship service.
- Campsites must be emptied by 1:00pm.
- Families will have access to the springs and park until 1:00pm. After that time, you will need to pay the daytime park access fee if you plan on staying.
Your follow-up e-mail will contain a "What to Bring" section to help you prepare for the weekend. We are beyond excited about this opportunity to spend time with your families.
WHAT TO BRING
- Tent(s) & sleeping gear
- Camping/Beach chairs
- In an effort to reduce the amount of trash and waste for the weekend, we ask that each family bring their own plastic plates, cups, utensils etc. (Each restroom facility has an attached sink area to wash dishes. This makes for a great family chore.)
- Cooler with food for your family: Friday dinner | Assortment of drinks | Snacks | Special dietary needs
- Any camping kitchen gear that you have/need.
- Camping lights/ Flashlights
- Insect Repellent
- Hint: A single fitted sheet makes for a great picnic table covering.
- Swimming: Floats, sunscreen, beach towels, mask, snorkel
- Something to hang wet towels on
- Battery operated fans - if so needed
- Bibles, pens
- Books, games etc. (No electricity, cell phones or tablets)
- Clothing: self-explanatory
- Extras that might be helpful: pop-up coverings, bikes, skateboards, scooters
- Money for canoe rentals if so desired